Re: Crossfire portability

On Mon, 23 May 1994, Simon McIntosh-Smith wrote:

> Interesting. Is there any reason why Crossfire is an X game? Has anyone
> considered porting it to other environments for Amigas, PCs, Macs etc?

As I remember/heard right, at the beginning, Frank did the
crossfire to learn X programming :)

But why not. As I have ever seen X11 is best device
independent graphic window inteface what exist.

And for Amigas, PCs, Macs etc, are available numerous servers
and library toolkits. X does not really mean unix. And I think
in porting it's more question of porting unix features to the
target machine than X features. For example, the select()
system call in DOS, ... make my day :)

-- <A HREF="http://www.lut.fi/~hevi/">The Page</A> --