CF: Re: Crossfire portability

>>  As a side note, there are programs for both the Mac and PC that allow them
>> to display X graphics without having to run a unix variant.  These
>> tend to be commercial products, and fairly expensive, but they do exist.

Well, I tried to show a colleague crossfire on his PC, which was running
eXceed for Windows.  So far, crossfire has been the only X program that would
NOT run on eXceed.  I suppose it may be possible to get the fonts on the PC,
but this is not convenient.  By the way, I can't remember the error I got -
sorry - but, I do remember that I got the screen you get while waiting for the
pixmaps (or xpms) to be created...

-kevin
http://sonja.math.virginia.edu/~khw2x/
crossfire server running v0.91.0: sonja.math.virginia.edu:13326

P.S.  Please don't play on my server if you have a lot of packet loss (>5%).
Try to find a closer server.  Sonja's been getting busier all the time, and
it sucks when the games freezes 'cause of somebody's bad connection!!!
P.P.S.  To whomever wrote 'mystic fist': Thanks.  It's cool!