Re: Monster Protection

> OK, so not many spells do physical damage - that clears part
> of the confusion up. But it still doesn't explain why a lot
> of the monsters (skulls for example) are listed as being
> immune/protected from magical and then ALSO immune/protected
> from fire/cold/fear etc. If you are protected from magical then
> you are also immune to fear etc.
>
> Perhaps it is possible to have fire that is non-magical. Is
> this true? If so how is it possible? Does a "burning item"
> burn with magical- or non-magical fire?

As many of the monsters do non-magical damage (as PeterM has detailed) it is
useful for monsters to be protected against fire/cold/fear etc to reduce the
effects of "friendly fire". It is also useful for future development where
players may be able to cause these attack types (I think fireborns already
do (non-magical) fire damage). Maybe we'll have items like flasks of burning
oil, or flamethrowers 8-) [I've been thinking about an SF addition to Crossfire
for a while now; with a few new archetypes and bitmaps it wouldn't be hard]

Rupert