Re: CF: alt.games.crossfire?

> From: Michael Glenn <fermat@fermat.dartmouth.edu>
> Considering the volume of messages in the last couple of months, perhaps a newsgroup is in order?  It would
> also serve as advertisement for the game. :)  What do people think?  And is there anyone who knows how to get
> a new group started?

Good idea!  But I suggest that the newsgroup should be used for questions about
the game, maps and so on, and keep all developpers stuff on the mailing list.
That's because some of the developpers don't have the News running (I didn't,
until a few days ago).  This will also reduce the load on the mailing list (I
have to filter my mail to keep "interesting" messages and skip the ones that
are only related to how the game should be played, how to build a better map,
etc.)

If you're looking for info about how to start a new group, you'll find some
in the distribution of most news readers and NNTP servers.  It souldn't be
too hard, but you must have a host with a lot of free disk space...

-Raphael