Cfire: 0.90.3 <-> NeXT, and a question.

I just installed 0.90.3.  Great job!  Nearly warning free.

Notes: (I am running on a NeXT, gcc 2.5.6, MouseX X11R5)
   crossedit/include/Posix.h
      Needed to define NAME_MAX *before* including dirent.h.
   crossedit/Defines.h
      Removed the define of EXIT_FAILURE.
   Needed to install the arch directory in lib to install.
      (it wanted to recreate the crossfire.pix file for some reason)

Ok, my question.

When I start up with "crossclient" it immediately crashes
with a bus error.  However, if I ever start up with
"crossclient -pix", then quit, and try "crossclient" again,
then it works fine.  Every time.  Anyone have a reason for
this kind of behavior?

Michael