Re: Putting Crossfire docs on xmosaic??

> Um, don't know if this is a stupid idea but how about putting all
> the crossfire docs online on a Xmosaic site?

No, it's a great idea, and one that is currently being implemented.
It has been tried before but the problem is that the source for the
crossfire docs is a rather spaghetti-like collection of LaTeX files.
The converter that turns LaTeX files into the right format for the
World-Wide-Web (WWW) couldn't handle it, so up until now only
postscript versions have been available, both at Cardiff and now
also by Frank Johansen himself:

  Cardiff:  http://www.cm.cf.ac.uk:/Fun/
  Frank:    http://www.ifi.uio.no:/~frankj/crossfire/

The maintainers of the docs source code have said that new versions
will be available anytime now, in a much neater format that hopefully
the latex2html converter will be able to cope with. I hope so! As
soon as anything happens I'll make sure the list knows about it...

Sy

Simon N. McIntosh-Smith, PhD candidate    |  Email : Simon.N.Smith@cm.cf.ac.uk
Room M/1.36 Department of Computing Maths |  Phone : +44 (0)222 874000
University of Wales, College of Cardiff   |  Fax   : +44 (0)222 666182
PO Box 916, Cardiff, Wales, CF2 4YN, U.K. |  Home  : +44 (0)222 560522
       Http : http://www.cm.cf.ac.uk:/People/Simon.N.Smith.html