Weight

+--- Peter Mardahl about using weight to identify special items:
| There's nothing wrong with that, I think.  Observant people should
| be able to notice things about items indicating that they're cursed
| or better than usual.

Right! And in any case - there is no rule that cursed objects can't
have "weight" < 100 in lib/artifacts...

+---
| Dollars did not make it into 90.2... I'm sorry that they're not
| there.  It was a nice convenient way to carry money.

Too convenient. And in any case, IMHO, "dollars" doesn't fit into the
Crossfire world. I'd much rather see an even more expensive form of
gems in the game. (some people carry around ~100 kilos of diamonds)
Uhm - something should be done about the weights... It is not unusual
that people carry around 10 times their own weight.

I think that we can simply decrease the amount carriable by a
player. A Str 18 character is just too strong, I think. I mean - you
shouldn't be able to walk around with a plate mail, a mithril armour,
a high shield, the Excalibur, Holy Avenger etc. etc. without being
hampered.

It is not really a good thing that the player knows how much
everything weighs down to 10 grammes accuracy. He should get a rough
approximation when looking at it, and identification would let him
know everything about it. Furthermore, the column with weights could
be left out (a client issue, really), and only the approximate full
weight of what he's carrying would be shown at all times (note this
number should not be the sum of the approximate weights).

This ought not be too much coding

Kjetil T.