Crossfire Metaserver

Hi.

I don't know if this has been up before, but anyway: What about making a crossfire
MetaServer which keeps track of all running servers around the world. This would make
it a lot easier if people want to join a remote server. It shouldn't be too hard to
accomplish, it's just a matter of sending a packet to the MetaServer each time a new
local server is started, and a packet when the server is taken down (Very much like
how it is done in XPilot...try this for a  start: telnet xpilot.cs.uit.no 4400) ..

With a MetaServer you could also have a global namelist, scorelist etc...I think it
would be very rewarding for the players, as it's a great success with XPilot.

Regards,
	Kjetil Jacobsen (kjetilja@stud.cs.uit.no)