Re: detect curse

well, here's a thought...
   You could make detect curse a low level spell.  Just fix it so that the
success of detecting a curse depends on the level of the spell caster (and
perhaps the power of the item).  And, to really make this meaningful, the
player should NOT know that the spell failed.  And, a marker in the item could
signify that detect curse has already been cast on that item.  As it is now,
I've almost never had to wear any cursed items -- it's too easy to avoid them.

BTW, my server, sonja.math.virginia.edu, has been crashing regularly -- and
getting stuck in a loop.  The error message is:

SIGSEGV received.
Emergency saves disabled, no save attempted
Cleaning up...

Then it just sits there...  any way to make it crash less often?  Or, anybody
got a hack to crossloop that will `kill -KILL %crossfire` when it needs it?