Re: annoying bug, any hints on how to fix?

Peter Mardahl <peterm@soda.berkeley.edu> recently wrote:

>Our server at berkeley crashes a lot after many
>'trying to remove removed object'...
>messages.

For what it's worth I managed to trace this down to players causing the server
to crash by XDestroy'ing their windows.  It turns out that as free_player is
running, it'd try and update the players' display window about objects getting
freed from their inventory.  Naturally, with their window gone, that'd be
pretty messy...

I have a patch, and will mail it in rsn...

 Eric Mehlhaff, mehlhaff@crl.com