Re: config.h

 Well, for most I do not.  I can't really see any reason not to
have SHOP_LISTINGS defined (I personally don't think that part of the game
is wondering around all the shop squares to see if the item you want is
there).  USE_LOS certainly should be mandatory - many maps were designed
with it in mind, helment of x-rays has no meaning otherwise, etc.

SHOW_SP_USAGE is likewise something that is harmless in its addition
(and with variable spellpoint costs depning on your level (another
option), really is mandatory.

 I personally play with FULL_RING_DESCRIPTION also, so would have no
problem with it being mandatory.  Others might - I don't know.  One thing
that would be nice would be to have some nice graphic that shows if an
item is equipped, instead of appending (worn) to the item name.  The problem
with the later is that if the item name is particularly long (some artifacts,
especially those in the artifacts file) cause the worn portion to not
be displayed.

SPEED_GAME could also be added to the list.  I always compile with that
on, and very seldom get core dumps (and if so, I usually trace the
problem and fix it).

 SAVE_PLAYER is another that could probably be a non selectable
option.  The other related options should be retained (SAVE_HOMEDIR,
LOCK_PLAYER, USE_CHECKSUM, ENABLE_CHECKSUM).

 --MArk