Re: Marking runes ...

> In message <16807.9406090706@davaar.dcs.ed.ac.uk>, Tim Moss writes:
> >

> >I cannot seem to get my marking runes to hold any message - how do I do this
> >The ones I get all just have (null) as their message.
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >Tim
>

>   This is very hokey, but the commandline interpreter for all spells
> requires an 'of' between the invocation of the spell and the parameter
> of the spell.  The following should work with marking rune:
> invoke marking rune of <your message>
> similarly,
> invoke create food of <whatever food>
> or
> invoke magic rune of large fireball
>
> Regards,
>
> PeterM

Ya, I think that little 'of' is pretty wierd too.  Doesn't make sense in many
instances...

I have thought for a while that maybee replacing that of with 'with' might
make a little more sense.
'incoke create food with <waybread>
'invoke magic run with <large fireball>

I guess the only place 'of' does make lotsof sense is the magic rune spell.

--Ben