Re: New user questions

In message <9407142120.AA08341@sirius.UVic.CA>, Krenn writes:
>with here - all we want is the client, we don't need a local server.

  If all you want is the client, and no server, you don't need any
files at all.  Here's an example:

alfven [21] xhost coke.csua.berkeley.edu
alfven [22] telnet coke.csua.berkeley.edu 13326
Trying 128.32.131.73 ...
Connected to coke.csua.Berkeley.EDU.
Escape character is '^]'.
set font
OK.
add alfven.eecs.berkeley.edu
OK.
quit

This will send a window over from the server machine to yours.
You need nothing whatsoever other than an X display, and a server
machine.  Please don't play at coke.csua unless your net connection
is pretty good.  If you DO play at coke.csua, you might find it helpful to:

download the fonts from coke.csua.berkeley.edu port 13325 by using
fstobdf
then sticking the crossfire.bdf file you should get into
/tmp
then
cd /tmp
mkfontdir