Re: font idea (servers)

 Different fonts for different servers should not make it too much extra
work for the server people.  In fact, I believe there is a define in the
config file for the font name (crossfire.cf in fact.)

 Also, for the local machines, you could alias the crossfire font to whatever
name the server uses.

 The reasons I like for different font names for different sites is this:
1) I can have all the fonts on my local machine, for all the different
	servers.  If the font that all the crossfire servers is called
	'crossfire', it is difficult to do this.
2) Fontservers are nice, but if you have a slow connection (maybe over 14.4
	modem), using pixmaps or downloading the font each time could
	be time consuming.
3) By having a different name for each server, I then don't have to change
	font paths or font names or do anything else to play on any server.
	I can just have all the fonts local, telnet to all the sites, see
	which one I want to play with, and that is it.

   Mark Wedel
master@rahul.net