Re: Patches, ftp, new releases.

>  I will make new releases based on how long since the last release, how
> severe any bugs fixed since the last release were, and just how many
> general features have been added.  I hardly see that version 0.91 or
> 0.92 needs to be the client server version.  It is probably true that the
> sooner it is done, the better, but provided that major changes are not
> made to the source before the release of the client server version, I
> don't think it will be that much more difficult to create the client
> server version.
>
>  I will probably release a new version in the next couple weeks, assuming
> most of the major bugs are worked out.  This give a hopefully stable
> version to develope from, as well as note the various changes.

I do see one problem, in that the version Frank recently made available was
worked on in parallel with the version that comes with crossedit-.7

The chico server we are running here was modified from the source that came
with crossedit. The Berkeley server, scotch, is also running from more or
less the same source. The differences from that code and the code that Frank
released are large. If you are going to release a new version, I suppose we
would want to merge the two versions before a release....this is a LARGE
project, and I am wondering if it would be a better use of time to just
move to client/server before the next release?

Tyler.
tvangod@ecst.csuchico.edu