Re: er...xbmtoxpm???

Mark Wedel wrote:
>  The PbmPlus package has programs taht are called xpmtoppm and ppmtoxpm,
> but these are apparantly meant for a different type of XPM file (maybe
> real old version or something.)

Yeah, they write version 1 files. You need the files from xpm-3.2 or later
to convert them to version 3 types.

> Also, some people sent me bugs saying that their version of libXpm did
> not have XCreatePixmapFromBuffer.  If any of those people were able

Hmm, according to the CHANGES file with xpm, XpmCreatePixmapFromBuffer
was added in version 3.2f, dated 93/03/17. Version 3.2g or 3.3 should
both also work. (3.3 is the most recent version, available from
ftp.x.org:/contrib, or one of its mirrors, as xpm-3.3.tar.gz)

Anthony