Re: TCP vs UDP

>>>>[From Carl Edman]

    Yes, according to the original paper (available as RFC something or
    other) VJ TCP header compression (which is the only thing widely used)
    compresses TCP headers down to an average of about 6 bytes.  UDP
    headers are different and not compressed at all.

Yeah.. UDP headers don't NEED to be compressed :-)

But that's pretty durn good. Can't complain much about 6 bytes.

Only point of contention I have, then, is the required acknoledgement of
stuff we don't really need acknowledged.
Ah well. We'll just have to see how much it lags, I guess.