Line-of-Sight

Sending this while I remember.. sorry if this was covered, but it looks
like I have 10k of messages in front of me to read.. :-/

ANYways...
The point was made "server should do line-of-sight calculation to save on
bandwidth"

This is not as valid as may seem. It depends on how populated the
monsters are, and where they are. For a "monster-sparse" map, there will
be no gain to doing LOS calc. in the server. On the other hand, if there
are a lot of doors, the server will have to keep adding what squares are
blacked out, and what squares have suddenly become visible.

So doing LOS calc on the client is a major win, with respect to
bandwidth, in this case. (and keeps the server free to calculate monster
attacks on players somewhere else!)