Re: A few thoughts on client/server in multi-player games

--->[From Carl Edman]

    No, the ideal protocol would work something like this:

    Server -> client
    map 1 2 floor
    map 1 3 floor
    map 1 4 firewall

    [ Client notices the name 'firewall'.  Checks its cache (either on disk
    or in memory) and find it has no image associated with the name
    'firewall' ]

Trouble with that is with name conflicts on different servers, that have
added similar, yet contradictory, items.
Reference my previously sent mail for a different idea.

"Look! Up in the Sky! It's a bird!" "It's a plane!" "It's... time for lunch!"
"Naaa. it's just SuperBabs"
"Well, I was hoping it was time for lunch..."
philb@cats.ucsc.edu philb@soda.berkeley.edu