No Subject

That is also a very good point, not entirely unrelated to one I once
made about how client side LOS would handle cool effects like helmets
of x-ray vision, infravision, different vision ranges for different
character races a.s.o.

> If I understand correctly, you'd have to transmit every VISIBLE
> square   every time you moved?  Is this correct?  Please, DON'T FLAME
> ME;

Please forgive me if sound slightly tense at times.  I'm not (quite) as
terrible as I sound, I promise. :-)

But the protocol I proposed does not require you send every single
visible square every time you move.  It requires the server to send
every square once when it _becomes_ visible.  After that the server
doesn't need to concern itself with that square at all until it becomes
invisible again.  And by invisible I mean outside the LOS -- just
having items (like monsters or more common objects) on the square does
not make it invisible.

	Carl Edman