Re: graphics of crossfire.

> 1) True multi color images
> 2) Have masks so you can see other objects below the top one.

Wow.  I think the ds2100 I'm running this on just crawled away to die.

Before this, or as this happens, the game needs to be true client-server, so
the machine who is talking to the player is doing the graphics work, and the
server just explains what the world looks like.

> The disadvantage may be speed.  I don't know how much slower color
>pixmaps are compared to normal pixmaps.  Could probably write a simple
>program to find out.

About 8 times slower I'd bet.  But I could think that the game could have
cope.

I want full color very much.  I think I could round up a graphics team here
and see how it goes once things are set in motion.  ;)

--Michael

--
Michael Graff    Iowa State University Computation Center      Project Vincent
215 Durham                voice: (515) 294-4994           explorer@iastate.edu