Proposed new spells

  I propose the following new spells:

Build Director
  You create a director object on the square you're on, pointed the direction
you cast the spell in.

  This would be really cool.  Suppose you wanted to kill a dragon around
a corner....  You run down there, brave the flames for a bit, and then run
away and shoot at the director.  You could also goad monsters into killing
themselves this way.....

Build Bullet/lightning/firewall
  As above, except you create wall.  I'd make these temporary in duration,
or make it so that the kills the walls earns aren't credited to the caster.
Definitely a higher-level spell.

Incribe Mark:
  For mazes: you create some sort of mark at a place.  What face it
has should be random.  If you want to be sadistic, these could be limited
in duration.

Inscribe Rune of Fire/Frost/Electricty/Confusion/Blasting/Death
  Like a land mine.  Monster who steps on the rune (or YOU) takes lots
of damage.  I guess these should be semi-invisible, and finite in
duration.  Perhaps how much damage it does should depend on how long
it has 'till it would expire.  (This could have a really cool pulsating
bitmap, with the pulsations slowing as the spell becomes weaker.)

Peterm

  P.S., I might well implement these myself.  We at Berkeley
have already  implemented some new spells.