Re: Version 0.89.3?

Ken Brunsen <kenbo@pencom.com> writes:

> 0.89.3 is the development version.  If you thought that .89.2 was
> unstable, you really don't want to play with .89.3

Is this right?  But 0.89.2 creashes on us all the time, even with the
SPEED_GAME option not defined.  Having 2 or more players virtually
guarantees a crash, so everyone has to play it on its own.  Are
there some patches to 0.89.2 for some of these bugs?  We have it just
as it came from the ftp site...

> maps are available from madhatter.ws.cc.cmu.edu:pub/crossfire/maps
> just do a get maps.tar.Z, it will automagically tar/compress it.
> 89.3 maps are incompatible with 89.2 maps

What about the character files?  If you have a really good character
going is there anyway to use it in 0.89.3 when it comes from 0.89.2?

Sy