Re: problems with 0.89.3 servers

regarding not being able to have multiple players on one server:
if the server is running *as* someone, then it might not have
access to the same characters.

 What I mean is, 'doosher' runs the server.  'doosher' doesn't
have read permisssions for player 'ragnarok' in the player dir.
Then you wouldn't be able to play ragnarok on any server run by
'doosher'.

One way to do this is to allow world read permission on each char.

This *might* be your problem.

The server at scotch.berkeley.edu is based on crossedit-0.7 and
it has no problem with this, but I may be comparing apples and
oranges.

Regards,

PeterM