Re: Bug

Christopher Carpinello <chrisc@cs.odu.edu> writes:
> anvil@lysator.liu.se writes:
> > The savethrow-array must be increased by one in size or the game
> > will bug when reaching level 100.
> >
> > Also, why does the games "end" when reaching level 100?
> > I mean, reaching level 100 takes one or two days. Why just don't
> > make the number of levels infinite? Seems strange to me that one
> > cannot have more than 100 000 000 xp, I want to continue to play....
Well it can't be infinite, xp is bounded by 2^31.

> are you playing in a cheat mode or something?  running a hacked up
> version?  just how many hours did it take to reach level 100? (2 days
> is kind of ambiguous).  is there something we don't know about? ;-)
No, he's using a stormbringer or mournblade.
I've got my 40th level person getting experience for killing goblin
generators.  He's right the drain weapons need to go away, it's way
too easy to get exp.
          -Eric
"It seemed like a good idea at the time"
           -The Mad Hatter
"Yes, you're very smart.  Shut up."
           -In "The Princess Bride"