Re: quick question

> A quick question please....
>
>  1) are 'protections' cumulative.  that is, if I have a ring of prot vs fire,
>       will an amulet of prot vs fire add to this or be redundant.

No, you can never gain more than 50% protection from anything.
The exception is physical damage, where you can have protection from it
(only spell/scroll & Defender I believe) in addition to the armour value
(usually ~50% if using platemail).

Another thing worth taking note of is that a ring of protection from magic
will give 50% protection for _all_ spells cast, even burning hands,
fireball, etc.  This includes the spells cast by beholders, spells cast
by monsters from wands, etc.  But it doesn't include the breath-attacks
from dragons.  Still very useful though.

-Frank.

P.S.  I lost all mail received between 12 and 15 mars, and I'm a bit
      late in processing incoming mail received this week.  I will
      answer any pending requests (that I haven't lost) in a couple of days.