Port to AMIGA, anyone want to help?

Well, the subject says it all:
I'am working on an amiga-port of crossfire (quite far already!), but would
like some ideas (an answers on my questions) from people who LOVE this game
and would like to play it on there amiga's at home.

(I own an A1200, standard and have no trouble playing a map of 100x100 , that
is without the generators working!).

What I would like to know (sourcecode is welcome), is how I handle input from
a screen. Currently I open a RAW: window in the workbench to get my keys,
and wait for them with WaitForChar(plr->input, 0).

Another question is how to print text on a screen without opening a window
on it. (Yes, I know I can use an assembly routine, but is it possible in C
too?)

About the font, I made a converter for the bitmaps, which makes one large
bitmap-file, usable for my draw-routine.

BTW:	any ideas for less memory-usage for the objects ???
	(already thought about enlarging the arch-struct?? (HINT?))

Please mail me about anything, (If you want source, too)
	v912152@si.hhs.nl	(Patrick van Logchem)