One-way doors in maps

   From: whaley@kpc.com (Ken Whaley)
   Date: Mon, 22 Mar 93 15:28:07 -0800

   As long as we're on the subject of maps and "fairness," I think
   that all maps that beginners (or anybody without word of recall!)
   are likely to be able to get to should not have one-way doors.
   There's one entrance (I don't remember exactly which one) that
   jumps into the middle of a map that starts in the old mansion from
   the main village that is impossible to exit from without first
   starting from the beginning.  This would be OK, except that it's a
   "countryside" entrance that's very easy for unsuspecting
   adventurer's to wander into.

   Every door should go back the way it came unless there's a sign on
   the door saying "Carefull!" or "You might get lost" or something
   like that.

I think that nearly every 'door' that looks like a door should be
two-way.  If I were capable of making nice bitmaps, I would have
designed a few one-way exits already.  Things like:

- fireman's pole
- slides
- escape-door (with a big push-bar across it, like the one-way exits we see
  in North America)

--
Stewart M. Clamen			Internet:    clamen@cs.cmu.edu
School of Computer Science		UUCP: 	     uunet!"clamen@cs.cmu.edu"