Another version

I put up "crossfire-0.88.1.tar.Z", "crossfire-0.88.1.maps.tar.Z" and
"crossfire-0.88.0-0.88.1.diff.Z" for ftp at the usual place (directory
"/pub/crossfire" at ftp.ifi.uio.no).

This version includes all the patches which I've received since 0.88.0.
(You might want to reverse those patches before applying the diff-file.)

The main reason I've put out this version is that I've added random
treasures to crossfire.  The effect is that monsters can start with
some standard treasure which can be randomly generated.

This is something I added last night, and it's not debugged much, but I'd
like input before I expand this feature further.  Please feel free to
suggest how the format could become better.  Currently the treasure-format
looks like this:

treasure <name>
  <item>
  more
  <item>
  end

And the format for an item is:

  arch <name>
  nrof <n (random 1 to n items generated)>
  magic <max-magic>
  chance <1-100%>
  yes
    <item>
  no
    <item>
  end (or "more", if this is not the last element)

If "magic" or "nrof" is omitted, it is set to 0.
If "chance" is ommitted, it is set to 100%.
"yes" tells what can be generated if this item was generated.
"no" tells what can be generated if this item was not generated.
"yes" and "no" can of course be omitted.

To use such a treasure, just put "randomitem <name>" into any
archetype in the archetype-file.  Random treasure will then be generated
whenever such a monster is generated by generator, or when a map
containing such <monsters> is loaded for the first time.

In "crossfire-0.88.1.maps.tar.Z", the "archetypes" file utilizes the
"treasures" file.

A long example follows:

treasure standard
  arch bow
  magic 2
  chance 20
  yes
    arch arrow
    nrof 10
    end
  no
    arch crossbow
    magic 2
    chance 10
    yes
      arch arrow
      nrof 10
      end
   end
  more
  arch club
  magic 2
  chance 50
  no
    arch dagger
    magic 2
    chance 40
    no
      arch quarterstaff
      magic 2
      chance 30
      no
        arch shortsword
        magic 2
        chance 20
        no
          arch sword_2
          magic 2
          chance 10
          end
        end
      end
    end
  more
  arch shield
  magic 2
  chance 20
  no
    arch small_shield
    magic 2
    chance 10
    end
  more
  arch goldcoin
  chance 8
  nrof 20
  more
  arch wand
  chance 2
  more
  arch ring
  chance 1
  more
  arch scroll
  chance 2
  end
(Here another treasure-description could start, starting with
"treasure <name>".)

-Frank.