Re: Single player use

> From: "Marybeth A. Griffin"
>
> I haven't seen it mentioned much, but I myself like to play crossfire
> alone. It may just be my nature, but I have seen several suggestions
> to make the game a completely group game. I think this would take
> something out of it, as you could not just sit down and hack and slash
> for fun. Having to find a group to play with every time could get
> annoying.
>
> Is the majority leaning towards completely groups and no singles, or
> will it be adapted so it works either way?

I really don't have the opportunity to play in groups, due to the nature
of our network.  I was really dismayed to see the following suggestion:

> From: Lars Henrik Olafsen
>
> I also think that there should be ways to keep only a single player from
> solving a quest.Maybe a handle that requires several players to be on
> that map? (The "House of Confusion" is a good example that you don't
> actually need this ,though).

This suggestion completely ruins crossfire for me.  I'd *love* to see a quest
implemented, thereby giving me a way to "win", but requiring a group would
just suck.  Remember, not all of us crossfire players are at school where we
can just get other insomniac crossfire addicts together for a hack-n-slash
session!

Joe Hartley          | jh@cadre.com  -  Whenever you find that you are on the
Cadre Technologies   | side of the majority, it is time to reform. - M. Twain
Providence, RI 02903 | Overman 1st Class - the Kilgore Trout Memorial Clench
(401) 351-5950 x266  |            of the Church of the SubGenius