Re: Major bug...

Rickard Eneqvist wrote:

> BTW: We need a new way of spending money, the quest should not always
> bee of finding things, when you go up a few levels you'll ned a new
> way of spending money.
>
> i)	Temples that cure you for a large fee; this would mean that
> 	the healing spells should be limited. And the hp-generator
> 	should be redone, you regenerate too fast now.

 I think you need to regenerate reasonably fast to maintain the pace of the
game, otherwise you will always be running away from encounters to heal. As
it is at the moment, I find I have to flee a lot with my current low level
character.

> 	BTW: Heal should always take approx 90% of your sp.

 Maybe Heal should only be available in scrolls and wands (screams of
anguish from all players....)

> ii)	How about making spells	time/used-based e.g. they would
> 	disappear after a while.

 I would prefer to see them time based as well, but I would also like to
be able to stack spells as well. That way you could increase your strength
and con and be protected from fire etc. However there need to be limitations,
otherwise players could become really megapowerful, especially if they have
lots of spellpoints. Maybe a chance of failure based on the number of spells
already stacked ?

> iii) 	The temples could also give you "divine" gifts, such as
> 	"protection from fire" for a game-period, etc...

 I had the same idea about temples over Christmas as well. You could
sacrifice money, gems, magic items in return for divine gifts. Different
deities could give different types of gifts. We could have a whole crossfire
Pantheon 8)
 "You drop Firebrand upon the alter. Fasarus blesses you with the gift of
protection from fire" ...

Rupert
--
Rupert G. Goldie, Research Scientist                rgg@aaii.oz.au
Australian Artificial Intelligence Institute