Re: <KB>

belabas@clipper.ens.fr wrote:
>   What about extending a little bit the "drop" (i-e Right Button) command ?
> It would be nice to be able to "drop (unpaid)" or "drop all" (to empty either
> inventory or bag, depending on the current display), even nicer to
> mimic nethack so that you could "drop all (unwielded) weapons", "drop all
> valuables (gold and gems alike)", "drop all (unworn) armours" and so on...

A parser will be made sooner or later, thus the text-window will become
much like a typical adventure-game.  And you can still program push-keys
to text which you would use often (like "drop all unpaid").

There is one think I *don't* intend to copy from nethack: The way it
uses all the keys on the keyboard; one key-combination  for each thing
that can be done...
I try to keep the userinterface real simple.

>   By the way I've had a minor display bug (which I've been utterly unable
> to trace, and even to reproduce) when applying bags which messed things in my
> inventory (some bitmaps were partly erased, blank lines appeared where items
> stood...). A refresh in the display fixed the thing, but anytime I applied a
> bag again in this game, it occured again.

I know about that bug, it's caused by one of the XClearArea() calls in
draw_inventory(), but I've been unable to figure out what causes it to
flip out so totally.  The fact that this happens so rarely and randomly,
and that I had a fit of obfuscation when making that function, doesn't
make it any simpler...

> I also sometimes end up with negative
> weight bags which are a real blessing until you try to save your character,
> at what time the whole thing loops until your file system is full or you kill
> it before...

Those two are not connected.  The first bug has been "taken care of",
the second is still being investigated...

-Frank.

P.S.  Added "wand of polymorph" and "scroll of charging" last night 8)