Re: Full, Current distribution?

> 	Hello.  Pardon if this is list FAQ, but I can't seem to get
> 	subscribed to this thing, so I don't know what's been
> 	discussed. . .
>
> 	I've downloaded just about everything at the Crossfire site,
> 	including all the stuff in the incoming directory.  I have yet
> 	to get the crossedit-0.7 version to work (89.2 works fine); it
> 	compiles, but when you run it, it just drops back to the
> 	prompt (no message, no obvious activity).

Looks like it can't find your starting map file......trying running with
debugging on with this flag at startup.

crossfire -d

see what is logs :>

also in your achetypes file, look to for the "map" archetype, make sure the
slaying field of that achetype is the path of the first map.
Also, you will need to make sure that EMERGECY_MAP or something like that is
set appropriately, thats in the include directory :>

> 	Anyway, I'm was going through the incoming stuff; some of it's
> 	obvious, but some of it isn't, like the nkya.tar.Z set; It's
> 	got a bunch of .map files; what do I do with these?  Is there
> 	a way to convert them to .oo and .om files?

Versions of crossfire newer then 89.2 no longer support .oo and .om files. Maps
now consist of just one file. These maps sound like they are in the new format.
Someone, in the UK has converted most/all old maps to the new format, forgot
the address though.

> 	Basically, I was wondering if anyone had a list of what goes
> 	with what version (89.2 and 0.7).

There is also a version 89.3 which was the last that Frank was working on,
unfortunately, Frank has disappeared off the maps it seems. :<

The version I run at Chico is 0.7. This would be the newest.....version that
is supported.

As far as getting onto this list, not sure what happened to the maintainer of
the list? anybody know?? does anybody want to take over the job of maintaining
this thing?

hope that helps :

Tyler.