Re: Hacking server code. I need help!

"Kevin H. Weiss" <khw2x@sonja.math.virginia.edu> recently wrote:

>Right now my server, sonja.math.Virginia.EDU, brings people back from the
>dead, restoring from the last save.  However, it seems as though such
>immortality is and will be abused.

I assume you got this coded in?  I'm planning on implementing a
raise dead spell (you cast on gravestones), and think working from your
code would be a good start. What'd you have to do?

>1) when you die, your character loses 10% of experience
>
>2) when restored from death, your character has an empty inventory.

When they die, save with save_player(foo,1);

I assume you got this already, though.

PS, a lot of our players have been trying out your server, and rather like
it.  Its alot faster than the one we have on soda.berkeley.edu (it may be
a fast multiprocessor machine, but crossfire is a single process, so we
can't go any faster than a single 16mhz 386 :-(  )

On the other hand, we have a few cool hacks...

 ERic mehlhaff, mehlhaff@ocf.Berkeley.EDU