Shops

Lars Henrik Olafsen writes:

> >From: Petri Heinil{ <Petri.Heinila@lut.fi>
> >
> >Once again, in shop design, there should be more smaller shops.
> >The meaning of shop decreases if you find one shop at a time the
> >item what you are looking for. Shops could be substituted some
> >kind of item-automata.
>
> I detest the idea of an item-automata, BUT:

As do I.

> If there only were small shops around.. wouldn't you just save and restart
> until you found what you wanted? (A lot of shops are close to
> save-beds.)

I think people are missing the point here (or I'm looking at it from a
much larger perspective): once the client/server code becomes stable,
I can forsee crossfire game servers running for months (thus the
"solution" of saving your character, restarting crossfire, and
reentering the game to check out the newly restocked shops will not be
feasible, unless you are the local DM).

> Big shops are practical....

Yeah, they pratically make "item hunting" no fun.  Maybe that will
change when Frank filters through all the maps.

> I would rather make good things REALLY expensive.

I would rather make good things REALLY hard to find.

#chris