Re: suggestions (fwd)

> 1. Bank (suggestion)
>
> I've lost quite a few items tonight because of game crashes.  It's all very
> well for a crashing server to emergency-save the characters themselves, but
> that means you cannot stockpile items in the town (like food, or anything)
> without risking losing them.  You can, clearly, give them to another
> character whose purpose in life is to hold them, and you can put that
> character to sleep so that it doesn't use food -- so the functionality
> I suggest is there already; but it's clumsy.  What I would like to see
> on the top level is a Bank, perhaps similar to a shop, where you can
> deposit stuff you don't want to carry (especially if you are a wizard
> with Strength 8!) but NOT lose it if the game crashes.  It would be
> neat if it remembered what stuff belonged to what character and
> only let you take out the stuff you yourself had put in.  I think
> it would be OK to work off character name for that.

This problem has occured with me, and I think a bank would be an excellent solution.

In this case the map states wouldn't need to be saved if the game crashes, just
the contents of the bank(s).

Although using the character name is a sensible idea, how about having to enter
your password when retrieving your goods, in case someone gets smart with copying
files out of the 'players' directory.

> > 3. Wearing items in shops (bug)
> >
> > It's ridiculous that you can't "try on" items in shops (armour, rings, etc.)
> > and see what they do to your (e.g.) speed before you buy them.  Since the
> > shops cannot be subverted anyway, and since there don't seem to be cursed
> > items (you can always take them off again), there would seem to be no
> > logical reason for the restriction.
>
> Yes it would be nice to be able to try on items in shops, but we should also
> have cursed items.

Definitely.  Cursed rings especially would be an excellent addition to the game.

Remember there must be a way to remove them (remove curse spell, or old sages in far-
off towns, ready to exchange the service for money or equipment, perhaps even
requiring a particular item to be found before the curse is removed (quest).  God I'm
getting poetic !!)

Maybe I'm getting carried away, but I think the idea is there ...

Aussi.