Re: Line of sight

In message <199209222242.AAyrsa17035@yrsa.ifi.uio.no> you write:
> Let me try again, this time sending the letter to the mailinglist 8)
>
> Players here complained at first, but I've managed to convince them that
> when all maps were designed, line of sight was not kept in mind.  Thus
> some maps are *very* lethal now.  LOS was added to the game to make
> it more exciting, but not *that* exciting 8)
> I'm going to add lots of new objects which are transparent, as well as
> lots of new spells & magic items which can help a poor wizard/barbarian...
> Like "Wizard Eye", "Clairvoiance", "Crystal Ball", "Magic Mirror", etc, etc..

How about also making it an option, settable when the map is designed?
Some people may wish to create maps that dont have LOS, others may not.
(make 'LOS on' the default)

Anthony
--
 anthony baxter                 australian artificial intelligence institute
email : anthony@aaii.oz.au         1 grattan st, carlton, australia 3053