Re: LOS

> My problem with LOS is that you have know clue if there IS a grim
> reaper anywhere UNTIL you run into it, UNLESS you've either played
> the level a lot or looked at it in an editor.  THAT is what people
> dislike most I believe.  the random hosiness factor.  If a character
> is going to die, it should die for a reason, not because I stepped
> into a room and randomly chose the wrong door first.

I agree whole-heartedly with you. There should be some way of knowing
when there is something scary behind that wall, either with a small
patch of fence which you can look through, or a gravestone with an
inscription, messages on the handles or doors etc.

A prime example of an old level which is deadly now is Skud's level
with 63 grimreapers leaping out of the door when you open it. Heh,
when it was designed, grimreapers couldn't even see invisible players.
Things have changed... (I'm of course not degrading your work, Skud.
Crossfire currently changes so fast every level should be edited at
least once a week :-)

Kjetil T.