Re: random thoughts

joe@unipress.com writes:
[pixmaps]
How fast are they in comparison to fonts?  I've heard that fonts are
better because they optimized for this.
[client server model]
I'd say the move should be made before 1.0.  I am not convinced it
will happen unless the change is made before then.
[ saved map state ]
Easily done, look in /tmp or /usr/tmp while you're playing, it's
saving game state there.  Change it so that in this special mode it
puts them somewhere else, and doesn't clear out the tmp files when
it's done.
> This would make team play possible ...
What?  How would saved map state make team play possible.
> Anyway these are all just ramblings, and I hope they don't sound too negative
> or discouraging.  Crossfire remains a very good game.
Agreed.  It's a really cool game.
          -Eric
"Overhead, without any fuss, the stars were going out."
           -The Nine Billion Names of God
"Yes, you're very smart.  Shut up."
           -In "The Princess Bride"