(ASCEND) Re: SNMP version

>From: Alan Spicer <aspicer@ifxcorp.com>
>
>* I found settings (as follows) to check and change between SNMP v1&3, or only
>v1 or only v3, in Max TNT's.
>
>[In SNMP]
>admin> set snmp-message-type?
>snmp-message-type:
>  Indicate the message type that the SNMP agent should handle.
>Enumerated field, values:
>  v1-and-v3:  Bilingual agent, accepts both SNMPv1 and SNMPv3 messages.
>  v1-only:  Accepts only SNMPv1 messages.
>  v3-only:  Accepts only SNMPv3 messages.
>admin>
>
>* But I have not been able to find any such animal on Max's (e.g.
>Max 4000, Max
>6000, Max 6090). Does anyone know what version SNMP they support?

Presumably your TNT is running 8.0.x and your 60xx isn't, as SNMPv3
also appears in DSL Terminators/DSL Max 20s running 8.0.2.

Without looking at the release notes, my guess is that v3 support was
added in 8.0--or something just prior--so the supported SNMP version
varies with release. The 40xx is obviously stuck with something
earlier.
--

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/