Re: (ASCEND) Max 2000, 7.0.4, Call Refused

Max User wrote ...
> Back in the 5.0 days, setting CLID=Prefer would behave as you mentioned
> below, but it was not the right behaviour according to the manuals.  It's
> supposed to mean that if a caller Id is detected, then to authenticate the
> user using the caller Id info.  If the caller Id is wrong, then the user
> will get rejected.  Now in 7.0.x, it's been changed to reflect what the
> manual says.  If you want it to do what you have been doing before, make
> this change:
>
> Ethernet->Answer->Id Auth=First
>
> This should fix it.

...and...

Aydin Edguer wrote ...
> >         Id Auth=Prefer
>
> The behavior previously provided by the "Prefer" value for the
> "Id Auth" parameter is now provided by the "First" value.
> Similarly, the "Called Prefer" is now provided by "Called First".

Hey - looks like that works!

Now that I search the release notes for "Prefer" I find a mention
of the Max-TNT CLID-Auth-Mode change which states this.  It does
say "Ascend units affected: All MAX", too, but has a TNT configuration
example.

Thanks!
Ray