Re: (ASCEND) MAX 4K/6K CODE

Regarding PPP LQM, it should be configurable someplace on the MAX what
is the acceptable quality. You could set it for something generous like
70%. Think about that -- 3 out of 10 packets don't get through.
I have not tried this on the Ascend gear but on cisco and Bay gear I do
it, with the LQM set to tear down the line at 85 or 90%. If things get
that bad on a T1, I want ops to call the carrier.

Another option I suppose is just to monitor LQM but set it to something
ludicrous like 20% so even if 8 out of 10 packets don't make it you'll
keep the line up.