Re: (ASCEND) DSLPipe: No session with Frame Relay

> > Is the Frame Relay suposed to be faster?  I just put in something like
>this
> > with the speed set to 144000 using ppp and i only get about 80000...
>
>No, frame relay is slower because of the nature of the error checking and
>the variable length packet size.

Frame Relay is neither faster nor slower than PPP. They both use the same
error checking and the same variable length packets. Even the encapsulations
used by both protocols are comparable (1-4 bytes for PPP vs. 5+ bytes for
FR).

The main difference is that FR allows multiplexing several unrelated links
while PPP is strictly point to point.