(ASCEND) Troubleshooting a Pipeline Connection

Does anyone have any tips for troubleshooting connection problems?  I'm
attempting to get my pipeline 85 working with SouthWestern Bell Internet
Service, and I'm having ZERO luck.  I see in the diagnostic section, I can
monitor the data that goes between the Pipe and SWBELL on connection...but
unfortunately, this hexadecimal doesn't tell me much. :)

I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips as to how I might narrow down the
trouble?

What happens, is that I dialup SWBELL and it drops the connection with a
ISDN Cause Code 16 (normal clearing).  SWBELL doesn't provide any IP
numbers, so I'm using NAT and dynamic IP assignment.  I have this same setup
working fine with another ISP (IONET/PSI.NET).  I'm just in the dark on how
to troubleshoot this connection, or attempt to find out where the problem
might be.