(ASCEND) P50/P75 Wont go away!

I am trying to set up a P50 so that it will idle out after 5 minutes of
inactivity.  I've set the idle=300 and made sure the switch type was not
set to perm under telco options, but the stupid thing wont time-out.  What
am I missing?  I suppose it's possible some moron is running Instant
Messenger or some such on the LAN, but I want to make sure the P50 is
covered first.

Any pointers to FAQ's extremely welcome.  I went to the AOS site and
only found 2 FAQ entries and one setup tip on the P50/75/etc.  None
concerning my problem of course.

 -----
                        .~.
  Ken Kirchner          /V\       L   I   N   U   X
  Asst SysAdmin        // \  > Don't fear the penguin <
  ShreveNet, Inc.     /(   )\
                       ^^-^^