Re: (ASCEND) MAX4000 Callback feature.. kinda...

Michiel Boland wrote:
>Stephen Mulrine wrote:
>> In the event that the user deliberately or accidentally kept the line up,
>> you could prevent them from having a viable connection, and most likely
>> limit the connection time as well, by deliberately specifying the wrong
>> Framed-Protocol for the outgoing call.  I've never tried this myself but
>> I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work.
>You don't want to do this if the outgoing profile is also used to verify
>the incoming user when he calls back.

Indeed you don't.  Can you actually do that, though?  We have two profiles
set up for each dial-back user, an outgoing profile ("username-out") and
a normal one.  Apart from additional configuration like Framed-Address or
Ascend-Dial-Number which are only relevant to one profile, the outgoing
profile has "User-Service=Dialout-Framed-User" and the incoming profile
has "User-Service=Framed-User".  According to the RADIUS Attributes
Reference, this should prevent somebody using a Dialout-Framed-User
profile for dial-in.

Stephen