(ASCEND) Re: OSPF

On Sat, 23 Oct 1999, Zbigniew Tyrlik wrote:

>You may need to adjust OSPF hello paramaters - your router wants 40 40, your
>Max uses 5 10.. and in OSPF, all neighbours have to use same timers or
>nothing works.
>
>go into OSPF profile on interface, and adjust them there.
>
>_zjt

Well, here's what my router says (it's a Cisco 4500M if it helps):

Ethernet1 is up, line protocol is up
  Internet Address <interface-address>/28, Area 0
  Process ID 1, Router ID <rtr-id>, Network Type BROADCAST, Cost: 10
  Transmit Delay is 1 sec, State DR, Priority 1
  Designated Router (ID) <rtr-id>, Interface address <int-adr>
  No backup designated router on this network
  Timer intervals configured, Hello 10, Dead 40, Wait 40, Retransmit 5
    Hello due in 00:00:06
  Neighbor Count is 1, Adjacent neighbor count is 1
    Adjacent with neighbor <my-portmaster-2e-that-works-fine>
  Suppress hello for 0 neighbor(s)

This seems to correspond with my MAX settings:

90-C00 Mod Config
 OSPF options...
  RunOSPF=Yes
  Area=0.0.0.0
  AreaType=Normal
  HelloInterval=10
  DeadInterval=40
  Priority=5
  AuthType=None
  AuthKey=N/A
  KeyId=N/A
  Cost=10
  ASE-type=N/A
  ASE-tag=N/A
  TransitDelay=1
  RetransmitInterval=5

Also, do I have to reboot every time I make a change to my profile, to
make it take effect?  That would be pretty rotten...

David M. Lloyd                  mailto:david@inxpress.net

Administrator
Internet Express, Inc.
802 W. Broadway, Suite 0101