RE: (ASCEND) Limiting # of channels?

> From: "Troy Settle" <st@i-Plus.net>
> Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 13:42:21 -0400
> Subject: RE: (ASCEND) Limiting # of channels?
>
> Ascend-Maximum-Channels will limit the number of channels per session, no
> matter the protocol.  The description you have might be a bit vague since it
> was most probably written before analog MP was supported.
>
> We've been doing this without problems for well over a year now (prolly
> longer... hard to say :)

     Well, all I can say is that it is working for users coming in via the MP+
or MPP protocol, but so far at least 2 users, 1 coming in via a Cisco 1750,
another coming in via a Skyline Veloce (now known as the ADC Kentrox
PaceSetter) are not being limited by this Radius Attribute (they are shown as
coming in via the MP protocol).  I actually had a chance to talk to an Ascend
technician yesterday and he somehow thinks that if I switch from the radius I
am using to their Navis Radius that I can limit it using the attribute "Max-
Channels", but I grabbed a copy of Navis Radius and looked at their dictionary
and there wasn't any such attribute.
      I've heard that you can limit a rate at which a users connects, is this
true?  If so, maybe limiting their connect rate to 64K would do the job, but I
have combed through their radius manual and don't see it.