Re: (ASCEND) COMPLETE BULLSHIT

I hate the cisco stuff.  It probably works really nice, but the
configuration is a pain in the ass, not to mention its a little too
difficult for our field techs.  I've not had any better luck on modem
compatibility with them, but they do have a higher density (up to 192
modems in the same rack size as a 6000).  They also don't have an
interface thats useful for being a terminal server.  PM3's, Maxes, etc
have nice commands like sh users which shows their address and their modem
speeds etc, or easy way to cross reference.  That isn't quite the case
on the Cisco (maybe I'm just missing an all-important command or
something, but I haven't found it yet).  I'm looking for good
documentation on their MIBs so I can write something that'll do it nicely
via SNMP, but thats not really high on my priority list.

Clint