(ASCEND) Ascend Max 4004, Cisco 800 Series router, Compression problems.

I'm hoping someone on this list can help me out.

I am using a Cisco 804 ISDN Router at my home and I am connecting to an
Ascend Max 4004 at my workplace.  I am authenticating via Radius and
everything seems to work well except for compression.

I am using the latest code on the cisco, Version 12.0.5T IP only.

I enable compression on the cisco by using the command

compress stac

in the dialer interface.  In the configuration the command shows up in both
the dialer and the BRI interface.

My radius profile looks like this.

ted-rtr Password = "Secret Password"
        Framed-Address = 192.168.0.1,
        Framed-Netmask = 255.255.255.0,
        Framed-Route = "192.168.0.0/24 192.168.0.1",
        Ascend-Metric = 1,
        Ascend-Data-Svc = Switched-64K,
        Ascend-Maximum-Channels = 2,
        Ascend-Base-Channel-Count = 1,
        Ascend-Link-Compression = Link-Comp-Stac,
        Ascend-Idle-Limit = 0

When it is setup this way it will not connect.  If I disable compression on
the cisco it works
great except for the fact that there is no compression.

I looked at the Ascend radius documentation and the only compression
parameters I could find were either

Ascend-Link-Compression = Link-Comp-Stac,  or
Ascend-Link-Compression = Link-Comp-None,

I also tried all the different versions of compression on the router.

compress mppc
compress  predictor
compress stac

So then here is my question.  Can anybody tell me how to get compression
working between these two routers?

Ted Hatfield